Treatment for Cellulite
A number of treatment options are available to temporarily enhance the appearance of cellulite .
Each has its own set of possible outcomes and side effects. According to several studies, a combination of treatments may produce the most pleasing results.
• Laser & Radiofrequency Treatments — To cure cellulite, various wounding (ablative) laser treatments are offered. In one procedure, a small fibre is inserted beneath the skin to give laser heat that breaks the fibrous bands that hold fat together. This method has been demonstrated to minimise the appearance of cellulite for up to a year. More research is required.
•There is also a gadget that employs heat (radiofrequency) for non-ablative treatment to improve the appearance of the skin. It is possible that numerous sessions will be required before you notice an improvement in the appearance of your skin. Non-ablative treatments must often be repeated more frequently than ablative treatments.
• Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing) – Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing) reduces fat beneath the skin using a device that uses vacuum suction to lift tissue into touch with cooling plates. You will require a number of treatments. The results occur gradually over the course of two to three months.
• Acoustic Wave Therapy — A technician administers gel to the damaged skin and then runs a small, hand-held device (transducer) over the area. The transducer transmits sound waves into your body, causing cellulite to break up. It is possible that numerous sessions will be required before you notice an improvement in the appearance of your skin.
• Surgery – Your doctor may recommend one of several treatments that involve the use of needles, blades, or other specialised equipment to separate the fibrous bands beneath the skin (subcision) in order to smooth the skin. To improve the appearance of the skin, one procedure also employs fat grafting. The effects of these procedures may continue for two to three years.
Medicine that is not conventional
Some cellulite treatments work on the premise that vigorous massage would stimulate lymphatic movement, eliminate toxins, and reduce extra fluid in cellulite-prone areas. Endermologie, a procedure that has been certified by the Food and Drug Administration as a medical device with little potential for damage, uses a hand-held machine to knead the skin between rollers. You may see a modest improvement in your skin, but the effects are usually transient.
Home remedies and way of life
Self-care can make a significant difference in the appearance of your skin.
• Creams with medicinal properties. A 0.3 percent retinol cream application has been demonstrated to enhance the look of cellulite. Retinol thickens the skin, which decreases dimpling. These products are used once or twice a day. A retinol cream’s effect will not be evident for at least six months.
• Loss of weight. If you are overweight, decreasing weight and exercising your muscles may help improve the appearance of dimpled skin.
• Physical exercise . Muscle-toning activities may help to enhance the appearance of dimpled skin. They also aid in lymphatic drainage and circulation. Find one or more activities that you enjoy and that you can incorporate into your routine, such as yoga, Pilates, swimming, walking, bicycling, stair climbing, and dancing.
• Diet for detoxification. This diet calls for less alcohol, caffeine, refined foods, carbohydrates, and saturated fat, as well as abstaining from smoking, diet pills, sleeping drugs, laxatives, and diuretics. It promotes a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, water, whole grains, fiber-rich foods, and important nutrients and fatty acids. This diet will not cure your cellulite on its own, but it may assist.
• Creams to reduce cellulite. Several creams and other topical treatments are marketed as capable of decreasing cellulite skin dimpling by enhancing skin texture and plumping the skin. The effect of applying these lotions to the affected skin is most likely indirect and temporary. Look for goods that contain caffeine, retinol, alpha hydroxy acids, and aminophylline if you wish to test such lotions.